Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM/ Checkpoint firewall integration

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  CPPM/ Checkpoint firewall integration

Posted Oct 28, 2019 12:52 PM

I'm just following the instructions on setting up above integratino on a cppm 6.8.3 using the 2018 ClearPass abd Check Point Integration Guide.

I've created 3 Generic HTTP Context server Actions  then gone intocreate an enforcement profile.

Create Session Notification Enforcement Profile  Generic Http

Start entering the Session-Notify attributes

Server Type and IP are available from a drop down list.

However when you get to login/logout action you get a blank drop down list. I can manually add the name but it returns a "not valid" error. even though you can actually add it.

Is there some checking/validation going on at the back end before the Login/Logout actions are visible in the drop down ?

Rgds

A

• 2.  RE: CPPM/ Checkpoint firewall integration

Posted Oct 28, 2019 01:09 PM

Sigh!

of course what you also have to do is select the server name in the Context server Action tab otherwise the session notification enforcement profile can't find associated context server entries  for its IP address.

Add the server IP and the drop down sprang into life

A

• 3.  RE: CPPM/ Checkpoint firewall integration

Posted Oct 28, 2019 01:12 PM

before you built the Context-Server-Actions, did you build a Context-Server, you need to then map the CSA's to the CS.

• 4.  RE: CPPM/ Checkpoint firewall integration

Posted Oct 28, 2019 01:18 PM

Yup, went through in order in doc

When I specified server type I selected generic HTTP then for server IP I got the IP address I'd specified in context server.  so know that bit  worked.

Copied the existing actions and edited them. The server name defaulted to locahost didn't notice.

When  went bck and edited actions to specify the IP adress of the context server  .... in fact just spotted the documentation paragraph that tells you to do just that .... :-(

Sigh!