Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM and MDM Integration - How to retrieve specific attributes from MDM

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  CPPM and MDM Integration - How to retrieve specific attributes from MDM

Posted Sep 05, 2019 01:27 PM

Hello Folks,

I am in the process of integrating a XenMobile EMM/MDM with ClearPass; when polling the MDM server I am getting only a certain amount of attributes (14 from Android, 16 from Apple).

My question is: How do I get more attributes?... I want to retrieve 3 specific attributes.

The MDM has over 100 attributes from every endpoint but I am unable to retrieve more than those 14/16 mentioned.

I heard that once you add the desired attributes to the -Dictionary Attributes- CPPM will poll them from the MDM, however I've done it and still not getting them.

Any opinion suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Sergio del Rosal.

• 2.  RE: CPPM and MDM Integration - How to retrieve specific attributes from MDM
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2019 01:57 PM

The attributes are normalized from all EMM providers. You cannot add or remove attributes.

• 3.  RE: CPPM and MDM Integration - How to retrieve specific attributes from MDM

Posted Sep 05, 2019 03:28 PM

Thank you for your response Tim.

Do you happen to know about any documentation regarding this Normalization process?

I´ve read about it but I cannot seem to find detailed information.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Tech-Note-ClearPass-Enterprise-Mobility-Management-Integration/ta-p/270204

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sergio del Rosal