Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.7 - Enforcing switchport disablement.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 6.7 - Enforcing switchport disablement.

Posted Apr 11, 2019 12:22 AM

I am trying to implement MAC authentication on an Aruba OS switch which connects to a wireless AP.

I want the wireless AP to undergo MAC AUTH and if it fails, then the enforcment action I want to happen is to disable the switch port entirely.

This is so the wireless AP's clients also will not gain access to the network.

The standard [Deny Accessd Profile] will only block access for the wireless AP but not for its wireless clients. I want every wireless client to be blocked as well.

How can I achieve this?

Specifically, what enforcement profile do I need?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 - Enforcing switchport disablement.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2019 12:25 AM
    Aruba switches do not have a RADIUS enforced port admin state.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 - Enforcing switchport disablement.

Posted Apr 11, 2019 12:29 AM

Thanks for your prompt reply.

What about enforcing a VLAN change?

How change you enforce a VLAN change for the entire switch port?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 - Enforcing switchport disablement.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2019 12:31 AM
    You generally have to bounce the port. Devices don't like the VLAN changed out from under them.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 - Enforcing switchport disablement.

Posted Apr 11, 2019 01:28 AM

Won't bouncing the switchport cancel the dynamically modified VLAN ?

From the following information captured from the switch it appears the vlan enforcement only applies to the specific device, and not to the switch port itself. You can see the first device is in VLAN 409 and the second device in 700.

ARUBATESTSW01(eth-1)# sh port-acc cli

Port Access Client Status

Port Client Name MAC Address IP Address User Role Type VLAN
    ----- ------------- ----------------- --------------- ----------------- ----- -------------------------------------------------------
    1 host/L6114... 705a0f-83503c 10.40.129.109 8021X 409, 209
    1 203a0782af31 203a07-82af31 n/a MAC 701, 700

• 6.  RE: ClearPass 6.7 - Enforcing switchport disablement.

Posted Apr 12, 2019 07:43 AM

You should be able to do an CLI enforcement profile and enabling ClearPass to login and disable the port in a SSH session. This CLI enforcement is not officially (as far as i know) on ArubaOS switches supported, but i have already successfully implemented it in conjunction with 2930F version 16.08.XXXX.