Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements

Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:24 AM

Hi Guys,

I want to test how the ClearPass Device Insight works. I installed a small virtual collector from ova image. Generated a token, registered it but when I want to add the collector agent to the Central management, I get an error message

Internal Server Error

The HW specifications of the machine do not meet the minimum HW requirements

I've double checked the requirements and the virtual appliance setting and it is correct. It has 8 CPU, 16 GB RAM and 256 GB HDD. Can anybody help me with this issue?

Gabriel

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:44 AM

Is the processor an Intel with at least the Ivy bridge?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements

Posted Mar 04, 2020 02:00 PM

In vCenter I see the host has one Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz with 24 cores. So it should be a Sandy Bridge. But the server board is the Intel S2600GZ board and in its specification I've found it is compatible with the E5-260 v2 CPU, which is Ivy Bridge. So I'm not sure.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2020 03:33 AM

According to this overview, the E5-2620 (generation 0/1) is Sandy Bridge, which is the generation before Ivy Brigde.This CPU was introduced in 2012, and is too old to be used as a collector.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements

Posted Mar 05, 2020 03:49 AM

Thank you fro the recommendation. I try to install the collector on a server with Ivy Bridge or newer CPU. But there is no meaning in the CPDI virtual collector deployment guide about the requirements of the CPU version.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2020 05:09 AM

Fair point. Thanks for bringing that up. Let me see if I can get that fixed.

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements

Posted Mar 05, 2020 05:24 AM

When you are able to fix the documentation, there is an issue with the actual 1.0.3 version.The links to the deployment guide are missing. I send you a link to version 1.0.2. Just to see. here is a 1.0.3 documentation and here is a correct 1.0.2 version.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Device Insight Collector Requirements

Posted Mar 06, 2020 04:24 AM

I installed the virtual appliance to a host with a newer CPU and it looks, it's working now.Thanks for the recommendation.