Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Endpoint Profiler - Sharing with Aruba Controller/Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Endpoint Profiler - Sharing with Aruba Controller/Airwave

Posted Aug 09, 2017 02:28 PM

I haven't seen this as a feature so doubt it's possible. I was curious if Clearpass can share profiled device information (Endpoint Profiler) back with an Aruba Controller or Aruba Airwave? We're looking into DHCP Fingerprinting for more accurate device classification and was wondering if there was a way this information could be shared and made viewable on the controller via: show user-table ip <ip-address> which would then be passed/recorded to Airwave?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Endpoint Profiler - Sharing with Aruba Controller/Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2017 02:30 PM

Unfortunately, no. ArubaOS 8.X can use device profile information as part of AirMatch calculations though.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Endpoint Profiler - Sharing with Aruba Controller/Airwave

Posted Aug 09, 2017 02:44 PM

@cappalli wrote:

Unfortunately, no. ArubaOS 8.X can use device profile information as part of AirMatch calculations though.

Thanks Tim. That's interesting, how would AirMatch make use of that device information since I had heard it described as an "ARM 2.0" for better RF environment management -> something like AirMatch would use different channels for X devices - or don't use Channel 144 for non-apple devices (only devices I've seen that use Channel 144 so far) - or am I thinking too much into it? :-)

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Endpoint Profiler - Sharing with Aruba Controller/Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2017 02:51 PM

I'll have to let one of the AOS folks answer that. All I know is we share the information with them :)

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Endpoint Profiler - Sharing with Aruba Controller/Airwave

Posted Aug 10, 2017 02:59 PM

@cappalli wrote:

I'll have to let one of the AOS folks answer that. All I know is we share the information with them :)

Thanks Tim. You've piqued my interest even further into Aruba OS 8.X. We had hoped to migrate this summer - but that will have to come later on. Thank you again!