Security

Frequent Contributor II

ClearPass Enforcement Policy Guest Device Repository

I'm trying to leverage the a policy that uses Authorization:[Guest Device Repository]. There are three name options for said type, AccountStatus, RemainingExpiration, and Sponsor. AccountStatus. I was hoping to use AccountStatus but I'm not sure what values it contains for active/disabled so I've only been able to use "Exists" but I want to be more implicit. Can someone tell me the options or how I can get into the database backend to check the values?

Thanks,

Rosie

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPass Enforcement Policy Guest Device Repository

225 = disabled
226 = expired
0 = enabled and valid

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

As always, thank you for the quick reply Tim. Is that status of the account or of the device? I disabled the device and it is sitll receiving a 0 for accountstatus. I am assuming I asked the wrong question at this point.

Guru Elite

The device account. Guest Device Repository is used for device registration (headless, IoT, traditional MAC address registration, etc)

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

I must just be impatient. Do you know how long it takes for a disabled device to "register" with the enforcement policies? It is behaving as expected now.

Guru Elite

It may have been cached.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: