Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest Form Field Auto-Populate Initial Value

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest Form Field Auto-Populate Initial Value

Posted Jun 30, 2020 01:17 AM
      |   view attached

So I have a specific use case where I am creating a custom form in ClearPass Guest and I would like to have a specific field in the form that has the value automatically populated from another field, for instance populate the sponsor_name value into this field.  Is there anyway to do this dynamically?  For instance is there some kind of variable that I could put in the Initial Value field of the Form Validation Properties that would auto-populate this (see screenshot below)?  Like with policy manager how you can add something like %{Authentication:Username} to fill in a variable dynamically?  Cant seem to find a way to auto-populate values into any of the Form Fields.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest Form Field Auto-Populate Initial Value

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2020 07:06 AM

To best assist it may be helpful to understand the workflow you are attempting to achieve. With that said take a look here at the references guide: 

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.9/Guest/Default.htm#Reference/GuestManagerStandardFields.htm

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.9/Guest/Default.htm#Reference/FieldFormAndViewReference.htm

Have you tried using the initial value of sponsor_name?

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest Form Field Auto-Populate Initial Value

Posted Jun 30, 2020 11:54 AM
      |   view attached

Thank you for the reply and links.  I have tried entering sponsor_name in the initial value field but it doesn't work.  The result is that it literally just puts the word sponsor_name in the field rather than the actual text/value for the sponsor_name field (see screenshot).  I have also tried %{sponsor_name} and {sponsor_name} and %sponsor_name and none of those work either, the form will just put those words in the field rather than a dynamic value...   

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest Form Field Auto-Populate Initial Value

Posted Jul 15, 2020 01:45 PM

I'm looking to figure out this very thing, so yeah, anyone in the community have insights on how to make it so ClearPass guest field2's initial_value = the value of field1?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest Form Field Auto-Populate Initial Value

Posted Aug 17, 2020 05:01 PM

So you are trying to auto populate attributes for the user based on specific attribute from LDAP server ,so to be able to do that :

First of all define which attribute you would like to use to call rest of attributes :

so for example :

you have LDAP Attribute of :

employeeid:789

mobile :0123456789

mail: user@domain.com

now you want user to user his/her employee id to be validated and also to populate the rest of attributes in clearpass:

now you need to configure your fields which you need to populate for example create new fields with same relevant attribute names and make it hidden fields :

for example we created clearpass fields as below:

employeeid (to be shown in the form and it will have LDAP search this field you cna copy from sponser_lookup) or even you can use sponser_lookup field itself)

mobile (hidden field)
    email  (hidden field)

configure your bind LDAP server under guest operator logins

and use Filter Expression as below :

(&
    (objectClass=user)
    (objectCategory=person)
    (|
    # Match users by any of these criteria
    (employeeid=@SEARCH@)
    )
    )

this filter will enable you to search base on employeeid attribute ,for sure you can change it to what ever attribute you want or even add more attributes to be searchable

now you need to define what will be your display attribute which will be actually added to the employeeid field inside the form ,inside display attribute add:

employeeid = id

which mean use the employeeid inside the field ,you can add text or desc to show some info while searching,

now the part which will map LDAP attribute to your fields inside your form add in Attribute Mapping in below format  :

Clearpass_FIELD | LDAP_ATTRIBUTE

example :

employeeid | employeeid
    mobile | mobile
    email | mail

now when user is putting his/her employee id (789) and click register ,automatically you will see that mobile : 0123456789 is same employee id and email : user@domain.com is same as email id of same user ,so you can send SMS or mail on actions .

employeeid:789

mobile :0123456789

mail: user@domain.com

I hope this would solve your issue.

Thanks,

Islam Zidan

ACEX#86

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest Form Field Auto-Populate Initial Value

Posted Aug 27, 2020 03:52 PM

Thank you Islam for the detailed information, however I am not finding where you actually map the LDAP attribute to a field in the guest form.  You say "the part which will map LDAP attribute to your fields inside your form add in Attribute Mapping in below format", where is this option for attribute mapping to a form field in ClearPass guest?