Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass: Guest Landing Page Logic

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass: Guest Landing Page Logic

Posted Apr 03, 2014 10:17 AM

Suppose I have varying roles assigned to different guests logging in: guest, contractor, board member, etc.  Is there any way to build logic into the landing page (Web Logins) that will display different content based on the role of the person that logged in?  For instance, the landing page should say "Welcome Guest.  You are now logged in and may surf the Internet" if it's a guest, or "Welcome board member.  Please click this link to access the board papers for this week."  I can't find a way to send different roles to different landing pages, so I figure this is my only option.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass: Guest Landing Page Logic

Posted Apr 03, 2014 04:02 PM
    You might acheive this by enabling the "allow guest users to be recognised by mac address" (or something like that) under config of the mac-auth plugin.
    Thats all the info I have atm, but should give you a start.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass: Guest Landing Page Logic

MVP
    Posted Apr 07, 2014 05:34 AM

Do I understand your users already have different aruba-user-roles before entering credentials?

If so, just return different captive portals? No need for any scripting even.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass: Guest Landing Page Logic

Posted May 02, 2014 08:30 AM

Not knowing how to make landing page from scratch where is best location for imformation...

• 5.  RE: ClearPass: Guest Landing Page Logic

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2014 08:34 AM

Clearpass Guest> Configuration> Web Logins> Add new Web Login Page.