Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

ClearPass Guest Reset Password with previous authentication

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest Reset Password with previous authentication

Posted Oct 06, 2017 08:59 AM

Hi community,

I have a customer (school) who activated the passwort reset in the CP Guest module.

However, they want to have a check for a special field that is only known to the user before the password is beeing sent in order to prevent that some pupils are resetting passwords of others.

In the installation I realized that only one "global" reset form is available although I have more than one guest registration. Due to this, we blocked the password reset for one of the self-registration pages and used it for the pupil-service only.

I dont see any changes when I change the required fields in the form of the password reset part in the CP Guest. What is missing to activate this additional check?

Furthermore I did not find the form that is used for the password reset. I assume that it is hidden and cannot be modified?

Thanks a lot.