Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest - Translation

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 28, 2015 04:17 PM

Hi everybody,

I work for a french school board. In ClearPass guest i have activated the french translation pack and using translation assistant i changed the default language to french, but when a guest register using a sponsor, the email sent to the sponsor is still in english. Even the sms receipt it send is in english.

How do i change the language of any email send by ClearPass?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 28, 2015 04:25 PM

You can Create a new template or Duplicate the existing one and make the changes

And then add the new E-mail Template  to your Guest E-mail Receipt

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 28, 2015 04:26 PM

i believe you will have to translate those yourself, the translation works on some parts but specially the not on many of the content in fields.

[edit] beat by victorfabian with 30 seconds :)

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 29, 2015 09:20 AM

Thanks a lot Victor, i will duplicate the existing template.

Why can't the translation pack translate most things? I had to translate manualy nearly everything....

I'm running version 6.3.6.67943, if I upgrade to the lastest version could I have better translation?

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 29, 2015 09:36 AM

I am running 6.4.4 and that change has to be done manually

I changed the translation to spanish but it only changed the date , this is the preview

2015-01-29 09_56_03-Plantillas de impresión Guest Manager.png

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 29, 2015 03:40 PM

I made a duplicate template and translated everything. But some part of the email still is in English and I see no where to change them.

Here and example:

Translation.png

You can see that I translated the content of the message but the object of the email and the header is still in english and I couldn't find those in the email template.

Where can I change these parts?

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 29, 2015 03:58 PM

If you go to Configuration > Pages > Fields and edit and then change the Column Title to match what you would like to see for the fields.

For example if you want to change the username to be something else search for it under the list of fields and change the description .

You can make more changes within the actual template if you click on Advance HTML and I will allow you to add more customization

• 8.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 29, 2015 04:27 PM

Thanks for the info on changing the field name, but I still can't change the big title "Wireless access request from: email"

The same sentence is in the email object, it's kinda the first thing people see. I still can't find it in the advanced template code.

I feel this setting must be elsewhere because if i put our logo in the template it shows twice in the email!

• 9.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Jan 29, 2015 04:33 PM
    I think to remove this "Wireless access request from: email" you may need to just create a new Template instead of using the duplicate one.

When I have created a brand new one you have more options

• 10.  RE: ClearPass Guest - Translation

Posted Feb 05, 2015 09:26 AM

I found what I was looking for, if anyone is interested: go edit the self-registration profile, in the Receipt Actions page under sponsorship confirmation there is a text box "Subject Line:"

Entering a custom text there you can override default email subject and title.