Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest plus Mobilty Master

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest plus Mobilty Master

Posted Jul 15, 2019 03:21 PM

I asked almost the exact same question in the Aruba OS area and didn't really get a clear answer.

The question I have revolves around this particular line in the Guest Web Login configuration:

web-login.JPG

If I have a single MC, it works fine and logs in. The problems arise when I add my second MC. I have them together in a cluster and running VRRP as well.

Which CN am I putting in there? In 6.x I would put in the CN of the master, as that makes sense. In this case I have no idea what is supposed to go in there when there are mulitple controllers.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest plus Mobilty Master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2019 03:25 PM
    All of your controllers should have the same captive portal certificate. The CN of that certificate goes in CPG.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Guest plus Mobilty Master

Posted Jul 16, 2019 03:29 PM

Great - that does seem to work. Apparently I was having an issue with my VLAN configuration and the new controller(s)

On a related note - I changed the VLAN of the role the guests get authenticated into to be different from the VLAN of the login role, however this doesn't seem to do anything. After authentication, the guest keeps the same VLAN as the logon role. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Thanks.