Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Insight Database user

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Insight Database user

Posted May 15, 2020 04:57 PM
      |   view attached

I am looking to set up enforcement in ClearPass to limit the number of active simultaneous sessions a user can have on the guest network.  I found an article that talks about what we are looking to do here https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-to-limit-ClearPass-guest-concurrent-simultaneous-sessions/ta-p/303067  

I went to set up the filter as described in the article in the Insight Database.    I am getting an error about the database login user.  Can anyone assist in what user and password this should be set to in order to allow the additional filter to be added to the Insight Repository?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Insight Database user
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted May 17, 2020 09:07 PM
      |   view attached

Have you tried setting/changing the appexternal password in the cluster-wide parameters?

See attached screenshot of where to find this. 

appexternal password change.png

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Insight Database user

Posted May 18, 2020 12:30 PM

Excellent thanks so much, that's just what I needed.  I was able to set the password in the cluster wide parameters and then set the appexternal user / password in the insights database.

Thank You!