Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass blacklist guest users

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  ClearPass blacklist guest users

Posted Nov 20, 2014 10:32 AM

I'm seeing an issue on CPPM 6.3.4 where guest users are getting put into the clearpass blacklist upon account expiration. I thought this was only for bandwidth limit and session duration? 

We have guest account set for 7 days mac caching and 5 active-session-count limit. No bandwidth or session limits. 

• 2.  RE: ClearPass blacklist guest users

Posted Sep 10, 2015 09:13 AM

I'm having the same problem. Clients get put in the blacklist for some reason.

Visitors can get a pass for 24 hours using self-registration. After 24 hours they can just register again. 

I assume that if I set the action to delete after expiration, it will not put the clients in the blacklist. However I need to keep these accounts in the database for logging purposes. So deleting them is not an option.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass blacklist guest users

Posted May 17, 2016 11:03 AM

i am having the same problem.  I have users that are getting on the blacklist after account expiration (12hrs.).  I have seen in other posts that the accounts are going to get removed from the blacklist in 34-36 hours.  Has anyone found a solution for this?