Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass 6.7 Platform Activation Key

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Clearpass 6.7 Platform Activation Key

Posted Mar 02, 2019 08:08 PM

I'm new to Clearpass and would like to setup some VMs for testing. How can I get a Platform Activation Key for the virtual appliance (CLABV)? I already registered in HPE but when I request for PAK it's asking for a serial number which I dont have. 

• 2.  RE: Clearpass 6.7 Platform Activation Key
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 02, 2019 08:27 PM
    If you didn't purchase ClearPass, you'll need to work with your account team to get a trial license.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass 6.7 Platform Activation Key

Posted Mar 03, 2019 12:12 AM

Thanks Tim! Just wondering because I'm doing the evaluation/testing on my own hence I don't have an account team that I can work with to secure a trial license. Any other way to get the platform activation key for the VM?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass 6.7 Platform Activation Key

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2019 12:16 AM
    You need to contact your Aruba partner or a Aruba account team to get an eval license. Unfortunately there is no other way.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass 6.7 Platform Activation Key

Posted Mar 03, 2019 12:25 AM

Hi Tim! Thanks for the clarification. It's a bit frustrating that I need to go through that just to test the product but I guess I have no other choice. I hope Aruba/HPE would make this process easier in the future.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass 6.7 Platform Activation Key

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2019 01:24 AM
    It's to ensure you have the resources to be successful in your testing/PoC. ClearPass is a very advanced product.