Security

Occasional Contributor II

Clearpass Cluster Licensing scheme

Hi,

We've got only one clearpass in our environment and the plan is to have a subscriber node and also install some policy manager nodes for remote branches.

The question is, how does the licensing work in Clearpass cluster and can we share the existing guest, Policy manager and enternprise licences among all nodes or we have to buy new licences per node? 

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass Cluster Licensing scheme

All application licenses are shared throughout the cluster (Access, OnGuard, Onboard). Only platform licenses are required for the new nodes.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Cappalli,

Thanks for getting back to my quickly, So we only need to buy one platform license per nod?

Also, i attached two screen shots from my current server. What's the diffrence betwwen license summary and application licences?

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Guru Elite

Correct. License summary shows licenses in use. Application shows how many are installed.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hmm, 

so why i have 5000 in my summary and 100 in application?

Guru Elite

5000 is a policy manager license which longer exists in 6.7+. You should upgrade before adding additional nodes.

Thans mate,

I assume you meant no longer exist.

so if upgrade to 6.7 I'll only have 100 licences in totall per application refering to my screen shot.

Promise it's my last question. :)

Guru Elite

Yes, but you will have a new Access license that will have 5,000.

Thanks and appriciate your response

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: