Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Clearpass Guest Hotspot Problem with registeration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest Hotspot Problem with registeration

Posted Sep 24, 2015 06:56 PM

Dears

I hope you're doing well.

We have a Clearpass Guest Self Reg. page with Hotspot.

The user lands on the portal, doesn't have an account.

Clicks on the link " I don't have an account", then he lands on the hotspot page.

Chooses to buy 4 hours, the expire_usage field is populated with 4 hours. The expiration is hardcoded to 24 hours.

On the enforcement policy there's a guest session limit with Authorization:expire_usage.

He spends his 4 hours of log-in time. He finishes the 4 hours. He is disconnected.

He is supposed to try to sign in again but he will keep getting disconnected..

He decided to buy another 4 hours..

How can he do that, without having to re-register. As I want the original expiry time from the first purchase to still be usable.

So if he bought 4 hours at 10 am... and finished them all at 4 pm. and he re-registered. what happens now is that his expiration time will change to be from 4 pm. today to 4 pm tomorrow. the customer doesn't want that, plus, how can he repurchase his time without having to re-register, there must be a way..

I hope I am clear in my question.

Thanks in advance