Security

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest VLAN Enforcement sticking Issue?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest VLAN Enforcement sticking Issue?

Posted Dec 30, 2015 04:37 PM

I'm faceing strange isssue with clearpass guest, I have configured some roles for useres and Enforcment Policy now I have configured VLAN 10 to be in initial role tsate before authentication,now I added Enforment of VLAN to be done based on user role the thing is the user is stucked in VLAN10 and did not enforced to the new VLAn and on access tracker it showes that the Enforment is applied all CoA is configured from both sideds Controller and Clearpass and all is Good except this issue now how to make user change the VLAN after autthentication.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest VLAN Enforcement sticking Issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2015 04:39 PM
    Let me just say that it is almost impossible to get a user to switch vlans in a captive portal. With that being said, please show us screenshots of the enforcement policy you are using.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest VLAN Enforcement sticking Issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2015 04:39 PM

You should keep them in the same VLAN and change the user-role with different firewall policies attached. Many clients will not re-DHCP after a CoA.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Guest VLAN Enforcement sticking Issue?

Posted Jan 03, 2016 09:59 AM

So you all say it is ok for VLAN to be same and only change role

• 5.  RE: Clearpass Guest VLAN Enforcement sticking Issue?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2016 10:01 AM

That is the only way that it is done, really.  Alot of clients do not switch ip addresses to the new subnet and that creates problems when you try to change vlans after authentication.