Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass HD VM size post upgrade

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Clearpass HD VM size post upgrade

Posted Feb 28, 2020 05:27 AM

Hi guys,
    in a virtual lab env after an upgrade to cppm 6.8, checking the system result i get the following warning

[appadmin@cppm]# show system-resources
    WARNING - System has failed minimum required resource checks for CLABV.
    Current system configuration:
    -----------------------------
    Number of CPUs = 8
    Total Memory = 8.00 GB
    Total Disk Size = 41.85 GB
    Total Disk Write Throughput = 74
    Total Disk Read Throughput = 101
    Required system configuration:
    Number of CPUs = 2
    Total Memory = 6 GB
    Total Disk Size = 80 GB
    Total Disk Write Throughput = 25
    Total Disk Read Throughput = 35

The total hd size is 80GB... is this tied of the partition created by the upgrade procedure?
    Is there a way to clean the old partition and resize the new once, so the total disk size could be the total hd size?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass HD VM size post upgrade

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 06:18 AM

You cannot increase the disk size of a VM due to it being encrypted. You should consider re-deploying with the correct disk sizes.

The ClearPass VMware ships with a 30 GB hard disk volume. This must be supplemented with additional storage/hard disk through VMware settings by adding a new hard disk. So make sure that the secondary hard disk is 80GB for a CPLABV.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Adding-additional-Hard-drive-to-CPPM-VM/ta-p/267392

• 3.  RE: Clearpass HD VM size post upgrade

Posted Mar 01, 2020 12:14 PM

Hi Craig, thanks for your explanation.

but now i have some new questions: what's happens in case of an upgrade of a vm with a disk already splitted by a previuos upgrade?

Supponing to have an vm installation with:
    1x hd default cppm drive
    1x hd with 80 deployed

On this disk i have a partition (sdb1)with 40GB for the old release, and a partition (sdb2) for the new cppm release.
    I want to upgrade the release on the sdb2 to a future relaese...

In this case the only way to have a new cppm release is to create a new vm (involving the TAC for license transfer)?
    If yes, what's the best practice to backup all the config (db, cert,authentication source, guest,onboard) and migrate all-in-one to the new vm with an upgraded version?

Thanks