Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass and Lumia 950

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass and Lumia 950

Posted Dec 17, 2015 09:51 AM

Have a user with the brand new Lumia 950 phone. He gets the following error message when connects to the wireless network, either for guest registering, or BYOD provisioning:

lumia 950 error.png 

Any workaround for this, or do you just have to wait for a cummulative patch where it will be sorted?

Currently running  CP 6.5.4

• 2.  RE: Clearpass and Lumia 950

Posted Dec 17, 2015 09:53 AM

I am not very familiar with Windows Phone so not sure if this is possible , have you tried using another browser ?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass and Lumia 950

Posted Dec 17, 2015 09:58 AM

He has installed Opera browser for windows, and will give it a try with Opera instead. Unfortunately it's closing office hours here now so I can't get back to you with results until tomorrow. Opera initially rejected the redirect, and he had to leave. 

• 4.  RE: Clearpass and Lumia 950
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 17, 2015 09:58 AM

2015-12-17 09_57_59-ClearPass - ClearPass Onboard Requirements.png

• 5.  RE: Clearpass and Lumia 950

Posted Dec 17, 2015 10:01 AM

Well that is an answer. Not on the roadmap either?

• 6.  RE: Clearpass and Lumia 950

Posted Dec 17, 2015 10:07 AM
    Not quite sure, but reach out to your local Aruba team and should be able to provide a clear answer if it is in the road map

• 7.  RE: Clearpass and Lumia 950

Posted Jan 05, 2016 09:39 AM

Hello, I am a bit late to replay here, but checked a little witht he user. Guest registration works fine, it is the actuall onboard enrollment that doesn't work. I guess it's semantics, but the OS stated on the error message is a little bit wrong. The Lumia 950XL is actually running Windows 10 Mobile, not windows phone 8.1 as the web page says.

I have no doubt this is falling under the same currently not supported umbrella though and I will inquire our Aruba contact regarding the matter.

• 8.  RE: Clearpass and Lumia 950

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2016 09:42 AM
    Windows Mobile cannot currently be automatically Onboarded, regardless of version. You can, however, manually install a cert via web enrollment in 6.5

Sent from Nine