Security

New Contributor

Clearpass enpoint update using REST

Hi

We are currently using a cutom url for our guest captive portal. After the guest completes a sign in page our backend creates a guest account using the clearpass REST API which is followed by another REST request that updates the Enpoint for the specific MAC address using the newly created Guest account.

The updated Enpoint settings are only applied when I disconnect the guest wifi and reconnect it again (The session gets created and the guest is released from the captive portal). Is there any  way to refresh the connection (Preferrably using REST) with the new session without having to disconnect and reconnect the wifi again.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Guru Elite

Re: Clearpass enpoint update using REST

Are you just trying to change the user role for the session?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP Guru

Re: Clearpass enpoint update using REST

What you are looking for is likely the disconnect session feature in the API.

You may have a look at this Python example script: https://github.com/aruba/clearpass-examples-only/tree/master/atm18/disconnect-compromised-device

It marks the endpoint, and after that triggers a reconnect of the device all over the REST API.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: