Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

Posted Jan 06, 2016 02:34 AM

After unsuccessfully importing Clearpass .ovf file I am getting this error:

Failed to import appliance /Users/EagleBigSur/Downloads/CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.5.0.71095-ESX-80G-CP-SW-EVAL-ovf/CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.5.0.71095-ESX-80G-CP-SW-EVAL.ovf.

The SHA digest of 'CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.5.0.71095-ESX-80G-CP-SW-EVAL.ovf' does not match the one in 'CPPM-VM-x86_64-6.5.0.71095-ESX-80G-CP-SW-EVAL.mf' (VERR_MANIFEST_DIGEST_MISMATCH).

Result Code:VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component:ApplianceWrap
    Interface:IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}

Clearpass download page only gives options for vmware and hyper-v. Does that mean I can't run Clearpass on virtualbox?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 02:35 AM
    • Correct. It is only supported on the two platforms

• 3.  RE: Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 05:11 AM
    ClearPass can be run on vmware or Hyper-V.

Sent from Nine

• 4.  RE: Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

Posted Jan 06, 2016 11:47 AM

Obviously I am going to have to purchase VMware software for maybe $70. Until now I have been able to avoid this. OK I am not complaining but is it really difficult to make the vm compatible to Virtual box environment?

• 5.  RE: Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 02:55 PM
    Vmware ESXi has a free version.

• 6.  RE: Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

Posted Jan 07, 2016 02:57 AM

I will run the clearpass at a home lab on a macbook.I couldn't set it up either with virtual box or Vmware fusion software. Do I have to have a server hardware with ESXi on it to run Clearpass vm?

• 7.  RE: Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 07, 2016 11:45 PM

Runs fine on Fusion. Just do a File > Import... of the OVA file. As pointed out before, unlikely to run on Virtual Box.

• 8.  RE: Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

Posted Jan 10, 2016 10:56 AM

I have been trying importing the .ova file but was getting errors. Finally when I added a second harddrive as SCSI it went through and gave me the CLI. However the server is soooo slow although I gave the min requirements which are 4GB RAM, 2 CPU and plenty of disk space...

• 9.  RE: Clearpass evaluation version not working with virtual box

Posted Nov 20, 2019 12:47 PM

Found this old thread while searching about CPPM on VirtualBox. Happy to report that I have CPPM 6.8.0 successfully running under VirtualBox 6.0.14 on a Windows 10 host. I had to adjust down memory and CPU to keep it from chewing the machine up, it is a bit slow but getting the job done. So it is at least possible!