Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass guest web login page showing default text and not what we typed in the header....very odd

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Clearpass guest web login page showing default text and not what we typed in the header....very odd

Posted Dec 21, 2017 12:14 PM

So we created our own skin, created a web login page and replaced the default "Please login to the network using your username and password." with our own.

When i preview the portal, it display perfectly, if I connect to my lab ssid and load the portal, it works fine.

Moving the skin and portal over to a production box, the customer (using a french browser) only sees the default text and not the text that we typed in the header...very odd.

It is like the browser (IE, Chrome, Safari) ignore the header and simply display the defaults...

CPPM 6.6.8 in production...

Has anyone seen this before?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass guest web login page showing default text and not what we typed in the header....very odd

Posted Dec 21, 2017 05:27 PM
    By default, ClearPass Guest has page translation turned on. If you disable the French language pack, it should display your page as you have configured it.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass guest web login page showing default text and not what we typed in the header....very odd

Posted Dec 21, 2017 08:16 PM
    I even changed my browser to French and I got the correct portal so how is that even possible?

Even if the translation pack is coming into affect, how is it returning the default text from a web login page if that text does not exist.

I will definitely give it a shot though and report back..