Security

Highlighted
Contributor I

Clearpass negative search

I've searched all over for this and can't seem to find it, so maybe one of you can help me.  I can't believe I'd be the first to ask this...

Is there a way to get a negative search option in Clearpass, especially when searching the Endpoint database? 

It has been a huge frustration of mine that I can't search for all endpoints with X attribute set to A and with Y attribute NOT set to B.  All I can do is X set to A and Y set to B, or X set to A or Y set to B (by flipping between select ALL vs select ANY).  Sometimes I want the same type of option when searching logs in the Access Tracker as well, so any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. 

If this is by design, can someone provide an explanation of why?  I've never had this problem when searching logs in other systems.  There is almost always a contains/does not contain or equal/does not equal.

Thanks!  - Daniel

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Clearpass negative search

This functionality does not exist today in the UI but there are active feature requests. A temporary workaround is to use the REST API which uses industry standard filtering syntax and operators.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

This functionality does not exist today in the UI but there are active feature requests. A temporary workaround is to use the REST API which uses industry standard filtering syntax and operators.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor I

Thank you, sir. 

Unfortunately we don't have the time to figure out the workaround.

Is there a target release for these feature requests yet?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: