Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass share endpoint profiling to Airwave?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass share endpoint profiling to Airwave?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 10:04 AM

Hi folks,

I am trying to configure endpoint profiling in order to see the devices connected in my network. I am configuring switches with MAB, DHCP helper address and SNMP setting... the thing is when I do scan with SNMP all works fine but something that called my attention is that simultaneously AIRWAVE have all this information...and I want to know how Clearpass and Airwave share this information and why?

I hope I have explained well.

Thanks in advanced.

• 2.  RE: Clearpass share endpoint profiling to Airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2020 10:45 AM

Airwave discover devices using snmp protocol, if you have scan set configured under DeviceSetp > Discover try disable it to avoid Airwave server to discover NAD devices.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass share endpoint profiling to Airwave?

Posted Jan 20, 2020 12:19 PM

Thanks Pavan,

The curiosity is the devices connected only appears in Airwave once I set the scan snmp in clearpass in order to do endpoint profiling.

The question is: Clearpass is passing endpoint information to airwave ? Airwave obtain this information from clearpass? Is this possible?

• 4.  RE: Clearpass share endpoint profiling to Airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2020 01:55 PM

Airwave and ClearPass do not exchange endpoint information as far as I know. The device type information you see in Airwave is that what is coming from the Controllers or Instant APs.