Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CoA and Guest - NAS Type / CoA Type?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  CoA and Guest - NAS Type / CoA Type?

Posted Jan 20, 2019 11:03 AM

Hi there,

I wonder how does "CoA" works with Guest?

I see under "Configuration > Authentication" the option for "Dynamic Authorization" with a NAS Type Option. 

Say I have multiple NAS from different brands. How will this work, given that I can only select one "NAS Type" for all the Guest installation.

Also, say I add a "change_of_authorization" field to a form. What CoA type and NAS will the guest system use? Cisco, Aruba, Generic? Bounce, Terminate, Reauth? I'm puzzled.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: CoA and Guest - NAS Type / CoA Type?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2019 12:16 PM
    What are you trying to do? Policy Manager handles mostly everything for Dynamic Authorization.

The field in the form simply generates a request that you can write policy against.

• 3.  RE: CoA and Guest - NAS Type / CoA Type?

Posted Jan 21, 2019 05:35 AM

I see.

Can you shortly explain how can I "glue" the field to the Policy Manager?

What kind of service should I create, and how does it work?

What I'm trying to do is:

- Send a CoA reauth when a user creates or edits a mactrac device

- Send a CoA terminate when the user deletes the mactrac device

Thanks

• 4.  RE: CoA and Guest - NAS Type / CoA Type?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2019 12:25 PM

Requests are only generated on a device registration create event. Use the screenshots below for that service.

Guest will automatically try to make a CoA-Request when the role is changed in the form. Guest will look for the role name in a Dynamic Authorization Enforcement Profile Name and if found, will attempt to make the request.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.24.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-21 at 12.24.23 PM.png

• 5.  RE: CoA and Guest - NAS Type / CoA Type?

Posted Jan 21, 2019 01:19 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your patience.

That solution works perfectly.

But I still have some doubts:

- Is there no option to also send CoA when I edit the device?

- What is the use of the "change_of_authorization" field? Will it only work for mac_create?

- When I remove the mactrac device I do not see anything on Policy Manager. How does the disconnect works in this case?

- What is the use for Configuration > Authentication > Dynamic Authorization,  and how does it work when I have multiple different NAS types?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: CoA and Guest - NAS Type / CoA Type?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2019 02:01 PM

- Is there no option to also send CoA when I edit the device?

>> WEBAUTH requests are only generated during a device create event.

- What is the use of the "change_of_authorization" field? Will it only work for mac_create?

>> This is what triggers the WEBAUTH. It's only used with Device Registration.

- When I remove the mactrac device I do not see anything on Policy Manager. How does the disconnect works in this case?

>> As mentioned, it's only on create.

- What is the use for Configuration > Authentication > Dynamic Authorization,  and how does it work when I have multiple different NAS types?

>> It's not used.

• 7.  RE: CoA and Guest - NAS Type / CoA Type?

Posted Sep 06, 2020 08:36 AM

Any change of explaining this better?

Guest will automatically try to make a CoA-Request when the role is changed in the form. Guest will look for the role name in a Dynamic Authorization Enforcement Profile Name and if found, will attempt to make the request.

Edit: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.6/Guest/Content/GuestManagement/ManagingGuestAccounts_changeRole.htm