Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Compound Authentication with WLC && FreeRADIUS

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Compound Authentication with WLC && FreeRADIUS

Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:34 AM

I've searched in here, as well as some Googling, and have not come up with a solution, so I'm asking.

I'm using FreeRADIUS 3.0.13-9, on CentOS 7.6 as an authentication server for Airwave, WLC administrative access, and 802.1X.

Within FR, I am using peap/mschapv2 using ntlm_auth as the back-end. I also have some post-auth going on, using ldap to poll AD for group memberships (only for NAS-IP belonging to the WLC management IPs and airwave IP).

I have been tasked with creating a BSSID that requires two methods of authentication: MAC and username/password. Any FreeRADIUS gurus, or Airheads that have any suggestions?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Compound Authentication with WLC && FreeRADIUS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:53 AM

You can use mac authentication using the controller's local database to store the mac addresses.  :   https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-MAC-based-authentication-on-Aruba/ta-p/182430

• 3.  RE: Compound Authentication with WLC && FreeRADIUS

Posted Feb 06, 2019 11:05 AM

I get that. I understand how to do one at a time: MAC or User auth. The question is about how to do both for the same BSSID.

• 4.  RE: Compound Authentication with WLC && FreeRADIUS
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 11:14 AM

When you add a mac authentication profile to the AAA profile, BOTH are done to the same SSID.  The device must pass mac authentication before user authentication.

• 5.  RE: Compound Authentication with WLC && FreeRADIUS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2019 11:15 AM
    A MAC address simply a piece of authorization data.