Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring the guest network to only have login and no register option

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Configuring the guest network to only have login and no register option

Posted Jun 02, 2020 08:17 PM

Hi:

we are currently working out our implementation for our guest network. At the same time we are rolling our Sine Plus for visitor management and will integrate it to Clearpass for guest Wifi access.

The question is we only want guests to be registered via the Sine Plus integration and not thru the web portal. Is there away to to configure the captive portal for the guest only to have a login screen and no register screen.

if this is not possible, would it be feasible to enable sponsoring but to a single address.

• 2.  RE: Configuring the guest network to only have login and no register option

• 3.  RE: Configuring the guest network to only have login and no register option

Posted Jun 02, 2020 10:41 PM

Thanks, i already have that doc, the integration for Sine Plus is not the issue. But the guide is based on that your guest network is already configured.

I am reviewing the videos by Herman on setting up guest networking which i understand to basis of the guest setup but that guide is based on guest self sign in..

I believe that under the captive settings on our Instant APs if i point it to the login page rather then the register page that would meet my requirements and if i can customize the login page not to a include a link to the register page then i should be good. 

As i would have to do these changes on a live system i would to have some confirmation that i am barking up the correct tree..

• 4.  RE: Configuring the guest network to only have login and no register option

Posted Jun 04, 2020 01:31 PM

Yes, you can do that. Direct them to the login page instead of the registration page, I mean.

Also, you could just use a CPPM Guest Web Login page instead of a self-registration page. Same process, except the registration flow is removed.