Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Custom Captive Portal Web Page upload

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Custom Captive Portal Web Page upload

Posted Oct 25, 2017 03:12 PM

Community,

Does anyone have a Customized Captive Portal web page file they can share with me? I would like to upload a custom web page for my Captive Portal on my Aruba 3200 WLC as the default one is not going to work for me. However, I am not sure how to make one from scratch as I have no HTML experience and am not sure what kind of files the WLC is looking for when uploading such a file. Has anyone created a custom web page for their captive portal that would be willing to share? It can be very generic, as long as it works! Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Custom Captive Portal Web Page upload

Posted Oct 27, 2017 04:36 AM

I'd recommend checking this post out: https://gshaw0.wordpress.com/2017/09/03/responsive-captive-portal-for-aruba-wi-fi-updated-for-ios-cna/

Caveat: This isn't something I've tested so I take no responsibility for the outcome!

• 3.  RE: Custom Captive Portal Web Page upload

Posted Nov 03, 2017 04:25 PM

JR,

Thank you for this! I actually found a link that sent me down the right path. This link here:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/aaa-nac-guest-access-byod/10187/1/Custom%20Captive%20Portal%20Web%20Guest%20Access.pdf

I used the HTML template provided at the bottom of the page as a guide and followed the configuration instruction for the CLI to the letter. It works! I now have a custom captive portal page that users get redirected to when they open their browser after first connecting. Once they click "I Accept" they get properly forwarded on to the website. 

If anyone is interested, the upload the Aruba is looking for is a .htm file for the "Captive Portal Login (top-level)" and the content can be a .png or .jpg file, both have worked for me!

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Custom Captive Portal Web Page upload

Posted Mar 21, 2019 11:47 AM

It doesn't work for me.

When I load it, from the web browser, with the correct profile I get a "Upload Successfully Completed" message but it reverts to No file chosen next to File to be imported:

I open a browser on the guest network and it just times out.....

My workstation has the correct ip and dns server configured.