Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Device Location Tracking

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Device Location Tracking

Posted Nov 28, 2019 07:54 PM

We recently had a request from our Campus Police to track a laptop through campus so that they could correlate security footage to establish an exit path and perhaps an identity.

I was able to use ClearPass Access Tracker to get timestamps of RADIUS sessions and pull the Radius:Aruba:Aruba-Location-Id from each entry to build a path through campus.  However, this took a fair bit of time with all the clicking.

Our goal is to be able to pass a MAC Address and time range to ClearPass and get back Time Stamps and Aruba-Location-ID values.  We want to be able to generate this report in 5 minutes or less from getting a call from Campus Police.

Unfortunately, Access Tracker appears to be magic.  I'm uncertain which group of API calls I could use to pull this data.  Or is there a better way to gather this information from ClearPass?

I realize that I could probably export the data to Splunk or similar and build a dashboard there ... but I wanted to start with ClearPass first.

Anyone have a good idea or methodology (or CODE?!?!) which could get me the information?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Device Location Tracking

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2019 01:15 PM

You can use Insight within ClearPass. Create a report, select raw csv, filter with mac address.

Some screenshots attached for reference.