Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Drop subscriber doesn't work

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Drop subscriber doesn't work

Posted Apr 16, 2015 02:39 PM
    Hi
    I dropped one subscriber from our cluster and now and trying to rejoin the node without success.
    Somehow the dropped node still enabled on the cluster and out of sync and when I tried to drop the node from the GUI I see the following error message "removing entry from the database failed".
    I've tried to dropped from CLI and I and I get an error regarding lack of communication with the subscriber even forcing the process.
    Any suggestion to rejoin the node and clear this error?
    Thanks

#ALE

• 2.  RE: Drop subscriber doesn't work
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 25, 2015 05:43 AM
    Hi
    Issue was narrowed down by the TAC. Basically I added a new external server under file backup server option which contained the ip of the subscriber which I've been trying to drop. After I removed the ip from the list to be backup, I was able to drop it and re-Join the node without any problems. This is a software bug which will be fixed in next releases. Script to drop a node should include this step to remove the node in case is part of the list of backup servers. I'm running now 6.5
    Regards,
    Antonio