Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Dynamic Operator Profile on Login

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Dynamic Operator Profile on Login

Posted May 28, 2012 09:03 AM

Hi,

So you can assign an Operator Profile based on attributes returned from an LDAP server, but can you assign an Operator Profile using some form of Smarty and Javascript on the Operator Login Configuration?

Example, on the Login page, you create radio button group with two options. Depending on which one the user choses prior to logging in, their choice puts them into different Operator Profiles.

The reason I ask is that the "Enable IF" and "Visible IF" options are not working as expected so rather than manipulate two different forms (create user and create mac for example), I would rather place users if different Operator Profiles depending on the type of account they want to create, chosen when logging in.

We are using Guest Manager 3.9 and Policy Manager 5.0.1

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Operator Profile on Login
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2012 06:36 PM

This is not possible, no.  It could be a bad security exploit if we did.

Regarding visible_if and enable_if, they should work fine and are used throughout the app.  Note that the field name is the form object, not the value. 

For a text box or dropdown you want: field_name.value

For a checkbox: field_name.checked

• 3.  RE: Dynamic Operator Profile on Login

Posted May 31, 2012 01:10 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the info, I've spoken to support regarding the enable_if and visible_if and a bug has been found, so hopefully a fix will be available shortly.

Regards