Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Endpoint Context Servers

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Endpoint Context Servers

Posted Jan 14, 2014 04:38 PM

Hi all,

sorry if this is a dumb question but I couldn't find anything meaningful.

Does any one have info regarding the use/function of the generic http endpoint context servers on CPPM?

cheers

Andy

• 2.  RE: Endpoint Context Servers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2014 04:55 PM

From the online help:

"

Endpoint Context Servers

Policy Manager provides the ability to collect endpoint profile information from different types of Aruba IAPs and RAPs via Aruba activate. Policy Manager supports Aruba Activate, Palo Alto Networks' Firewall and Panorama, and MDM (Mobile Device Management) from Aurwatch, JAMF, Maas360, MobileIron, and SOTI.

The mobile device management platforms run on MDM servers. These servers provision mobile devices to configure connectivity settings, enforce security policies, restore lost data, and other administrative services. Information gathered from mobile devices can include policy breaches, data consumption, and existing configuration settings.

Endpoint context servers are listed and managed at Administration > External Servers > Endpoint Context Servers."

• 3.  RE: Endpoint Context Servers

Posted Jan 15, 2014 12:55 AM

I read that too, but what I am trying to find out is what can the generic http context specifically be used for.

i.e does it work like the Palo Alto context where it can be used to forward user info to a firewall or is it for use with a generic mdm platform?

• 4.  RE: Endpoint Context Servers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2014 10:07 PM

Its a foundation of some coming features that was put in some earlier releases. :)

I will try to do a post sometime in the next few days to cover it.