Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Exporting Clearpass Guest Accounts to another Clearpass instance

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Exporting Clearpass Guest Accounts to another Clearpass instance

Posted Mar 28, 2015 12:14 PM

All,

I'm working with a customer right now and we are migrating a good number of Clearpass Guest accounts from a 6.3 to a new 6.5 cluster. I exported the guest accounts in an XML format and imported them into 6.5. The problem is that the passwords appear to be reset on all of the accounts. 

I setup a Clearpass 6.3, 6.4 and 6.5 instance this morning to see if I could get to the bottom of this. The first thing that I did was to enable the Show Guest Password button under Guest Manager. The exported XML file now contained the correct passwords from Clearpass 6.3. I tried to import this into 6.4 and 6.5 and the passwords were still reset on the accounts.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Thanks for the help!

-Mike

• 2.  RE: Exporting Clearpass Guest Accounts to another Clearpass instance
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 28, 2015 01:34 PM

Try the following :

Imported using the .csv format and then it should give you the option to whether you want it use a random password or to keep the field as is

2015-03-30 09_38_52-Import Accounts.png

2015-03-30 09_40_08-Import Accounts.png

2015-03-30 09_40_56-Finished Creating Guest Accounts.png

• 3.  RE: Exporting Clearpass Guest Accounts to another Clearpass instance

Posted Mar 30, 2015 06:01 PM

Victor,

This was spot on! Thank you for your time in putting together those screencaps.

-Mike