Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Failed MAC AUTH

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Failed MAC AUTH

Posted Feb 12, 2019 12:46 PM

I finally think I have beat the Appl CNA issue I have been having. Now I want to fix my metrics as MAC AUTH is throwing a ton of Failed Authentications and I dont really want to see a Failure on a device that has NEVER been connected before. Now if I get a MAC AUTH failure on a known endpoint, that would be good to have in the log. 

Maybe I can AUTH the unknowns and put them in the login role. But a pass most likely wouldn't jump to the User Auth with Mac Cacheing right?

• 2.  RE: Failed MAC AUTH

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 12:49 PM
    Allow All MAC Auth should always be used with any MAC auth workflow to drop the device into either a profile or splash role.

• 3.  RE: Failed MAC AUTH

Posted Feb 12, 2019 12:54 PM

So i have Allow All MAC AUTH as the Authentication Method. Are you saying instead of "Deny Access Profile" on the Default Profile for the Enforcement Policy, I should pick the guest-login role?

• 4.  RE: Failed MAC AUTH
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 12:56 PM
    Yes, create a new enforcement profile that returns your splash or profile role.

• 5.  RE: Failed MAC AUTH

Posted Feb 12, 2019 02:42 PM

Thank you, this Apple CNA has been stressing me and I finally seem to have it working. 300 person event tomorrow will be the true test. Wish I could remove all those thousands of failed auths to help the metrics, but I may let time average it out and use it for future reference.