Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Account Created Expired, Not Deleted - Self-Registration Page vs API

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest Account Created Expired, Not Deleted - Self-Registration Page vs API

Posted Apr 25, 2019 03:22 AM

I have set Cluster-Wide Parameters to cleanup expired guest account to 1 day, also registered user to expire at 23.59 of each day.

I have noticed that guest created via Guest Self-Registration Portal after the guest account expired; they are removed upon next day 00:00.

However, Guests account created through REST API (including using in-built API Explorer), when the Guest account expires; it is not deleted even after a few days.

I have also tried [Patch] the API created guest account fields to be similar to Self-Registration Portal creation variables/input however it is still the same.

Was wondering if they are stored in a different part of the database or if there is a configuration which I have missed out on this disparity treatment between the different approach of guest account creation.

• 2.  RE: Guest Account Created Expired, Not Deleted - Self-Registration Page vs API

Posted Apr 25, 2019 03:34 AM
    What is the value of the do_expire attribute in the guest accounts? This parameter decides if an account will be deleted or not

• 3.  RE: Guest Account Created Expired, Not Deleted - Self-Registration Page vs API

Posted Apr 25, 2019 03:37 AM

have tested setting do_expire to both 3 & 4, account with either values also does not delete when created via API and remain at Expired state

• 4.  RE: Guest Account Created Expired, Not Deleted - Self-Registration Page vs API

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2019 10:53 AM

Can you paste the full create payload?