Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Network will not connect to internet when try to block internal networks access

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest Network will not connect to internet when try to block internal networks access

Posted Aug 15, 2019 07:50 PM

Hello, 

We need to setup iAP-305 with two different SSIDs.

1. Employee - which give access to intenal network resources but restric with MAC filter to join any device on this network

2. Guest - any employee's personal device or any guest coming to our office will get only internet access. no access to any internal resources and no visibility to internal network at all. 

How I can achive this. 

our Aruba iAP-305 connected to HPE OfficeConnect 1920S POE Switch.  HPE 1920S switch connected to Internal network switch HPE 2920. I have one another Dlink Switch/router which share our wireless network. IF I connect AP directly to Dlink switch and create only guest network with WLAN setting as Virtual Controller managed IP and default VLAN assignment everything working as expected. Guest can only use internet and no internal network access. But I have to keep Employee network on same AP which give access to internal network. 

How I can configure on Aruba iAP-305, HPW 1920S switch to achive the final result as i mention avobe. 

Thanks in advance for any suggesion or help. Really appriciated.  

• 2.  RE: Guest Network will not connect to internet when try to block internal networks access
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2019 07:52 PM

Permit DHCP to anywhere

Permit DNS to anywhere

block internal subnets

allow all other traffic