Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Session Limit affected by BYOD connections?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest Session Limit affected by BYOD connections?

Posted Feb 16, 2016 04:42 PM

Question: If I create a guest repository user that has the same name as another user in the Onboard repository, do the concurrent session counts configured in the Guest module apply to both?  For example, guest User1 has a limit of 3 sessions.  Onboard User1 has a limit of 5 devices.

Will Onboard User1 only be able to have 3 simultaneous sessions active? 

Similarly, if Onboard User1 has 3 active sessions then Guest User1 tries to log in, will Guest User1 be disconnected?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Guest Session Limit affected by BYOD connections?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 06:58 PM
    I think that the two are separate. So onboard user1 can onboard max 5 devices. And guest user1 can have max 3 sessions. When a user is onboarded it is not using guest services anymore, that is the idea behind onboarding.

• 3.  RE: Guest Session Limit affected by BYOD connections?

Posted Feb 22, 2016 01:56 PM

different authentication sources, so different rules.

• 4.  RE: Guest Session Limit affected by BYOD connections?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 22, 2016 02:02 PM

So, I thought the same thing, however, I was running into an issue with these 2 user accounts getting disconnected.  I opened up a support ticket and they did confirm that the username has to be unique or the Session Limit count WILL affect the OnBoard user with the same name.

To work around this, either:

1. Increase the session limit count for the guest user to include enough sessions for both OnBoard and Guest connections simultaneously

2. Rename the guest user account

I went with option 2.  Problem solved.

Thanks,

Rob.

• 5.  RE: Guest Session Limit affected by BYOD connections?

Posted Apr 06, 2016 12:53 PM