Security

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Guest account generation - by user selecting a role type, which defines expiry.

Oh Geez.. I completely mis-understood what you meant before.  I've got it now, and its working perfectly.  Thank You.  On to the Next...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Re: Guest account generation - by user selecting a role type, which defines expiry.

Hello all (on this thread).

After further dialogue with this particular customer, we went with the option of using an initial landing page, which jumps off to a number of others (contractors, guests, staff etc).

Each jump off page has a role_id in the fields, which is tied to the associated registration type (I also set expiry times differently in each page).

Ultimately, we actually found this works much better in terms of slickness for uncontrolled people!

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,
I do have a similar request from my user too.

When guest registers an account, the sponsor will receive the guest confirmation request. User will select 2 types of role, user+1 day or user+1 year. Based on the role, clearpass will determine the expiration date without sponsor to manually extend the expiration thru a drop-down list etc.

As the user does not get the opportunity to choose the role, I can't set different landing pages for different roles.
Understand the last post is 2-3 years old but I am wondering if it is possible to do it now.
Thanks.

Regards,
Victor

Highlighted
MVP

Victor: If I understand your request correct it is the guest that should be able to choose 1day or 1year right?  Why not simply make the Expiry field visible, change it to dropdown and give him the options 1 day and 1 year through that?

What I don't get is why you would want this.. won't every guest pick the 1 year account per default? I would when given the option. 

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found a post helpful or important? Click the "Thumbs Up" icon to give kudos.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Highlighted

Hi Koen,

Apologies. I didn't express what I intended well enough :)

The guest will not be selecting his role. The sponsor will select the role for the user. Based on the role assigned, the guest account will be either 1 month or 1 year. User will only need to select the role and the guest will be assigned the appropriate expiry date.

Thanks.

Regards,
Victor
Highlighted

Hi all,

Anyone has any idea how this could be done?

Thanks.

Regards,
Victor
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: