Security

Highlighted
New Contributor

Guest enter with password no username by SMS

I have SSID that have CP with one field to enter phon number when he register re-direct to login page to enter username and password. I want the user just enter only password. I hope that clear
MVP Expert

Re: Guest enter with password no username by SMS

In the registration page, you will need to modify the form to make the phone number the username. 

edit-guest-reg-page.png

Disable "Visitor Name" and "Accept Terms" if you are not requiring the terms and conditions. Edit the "Email" field.

edit-form.png

Change the Label, Description, Validation, and Validation Error. 

edit-email-field.png

Then edit the login page, and set the authentication to "Access Code"

access-code.png

That should allow you to use the phone number as username and no password for login.

Michael Haring
If my answer is helpful, a Kudos is always appreciated!
New Contributor

Thank you Michael

This process let him just enter bt number without password but I want user enter by password and user name will be appere in login page.

Frequent Contributor II

I require something Similar -- were you able to get it working? Entering Cell Number on Resgistration page and on Login Page can enter the SMSed Password for authentication....

Aruba Employee

A slight change to the above recommendation.  You want to keep email and email as that is used for too many other purposes.  'email' becomes the default username when either 'username' or 'random_username_method' are not in the form.

In this case, insert 'username' into the field, and then make the label and ui overrides to it to look like a phone number as shown in the screenshots.

Aruba Employee

Separately, there seems to be confusion on what you want by just type password.  

The Access Code style makes accounts that only ever require one string entered.  If you are simply looking for phone validation workflow that does not seem what you want.  Try entering the following on the Footer HTML of the receipt page.  You will need to update instructions/expecations elsewhere.  It will redirect to the login page with the username auto-filled.  

{literal}
<script type="text/javascript">
    setTimeout(function () { 
      location.href = "{/literal}{$gsr_metadata.register_page|rawurlencode}_login.php?_browser=1&username={$username|rawurlencode}{literal}";
    }, 0 * 1000);
</script>
{/literal}
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: