Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest enter with password no username by SMS

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Guest enter with password no username by SMS

Posted Aug 04, 2018 08:51 AM
    I have SSID that have CP with one field to enter phon number when he register re-direct to login page to enter username and password. I want the user just enter only password. I hope that clear

• 2.  RE: Guest enter with password no username by SMS

MVP
    Posted Aug 15, 2018 12:39 PM

In the registration page, you will need to modify the form to make the phone number the username. 

edit-guest-reg-page.png

Disable "Visitor Name" and "Accept Terms" if you are not requiring the terms and conditions. Edit the "Email" field.

edit-form.png

Change the Label, Description, Validation, and Validation Error. 

edit-email-field.png

Then edit the login page, and set the authentication to "Access Code"

access-code.png

That should allow you to use the phone number as username and no password for login.

• 3.  RE: Guest enter with password no username by SMS

Posted Sep 12, 2018 03:33 AM

Thank you Michael

This process let him just enter bt number without password but I want user enter by password and user name will be appere in login page.

• 4.  RE: Guest enter with password no username by SMS

Posted Apr 18, 2019 05:55 AM

I require something Similar -- were you able to get it working? Entering Cell Number on Resgistration page and on Login Page can enter the SMSed Password for authentication....

• 5.  RE: Guest enter with password no username by SMS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2019 10:06 AM

A slight change to the above recommendation.  You want to keep email and email as that is used for too many other purposes.  'email' becomes the default username when either 'username' or 'random_username_method' are not in the form.

In this case, insert 'username' into the field, and then make the label and ui overrides to it to look like a phone number as shown in the screenshots.

• 6.  RE: Guest enter with password no username by SMS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2019 10:13 AM

Separately, there seems to be confusion on what you want by just type password.  

The Access Code style makes accounts that only ever require one string entered.  If you are simply looking for phone validation workflow that does not seem what you want.  Try entering the following on the Footer HTML of the receipt page.  You will need to update instructions/expecations elsewhere.  It will redirect to the login page with the username auto-filled.  

{literal}
    <script type="text/javascript">
        setTimeout(function () { 
          location.href = "{/literal}{$gsr_metadata.register_page|rawurlencode}_login.php?_browser=1&username={$username|rawurlencode}{literal}";
        }, 0 * 1000);
    </script>
    {/literal}