Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest login with username only - bulk imported users

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Guest login with username only - bulk imported users

Posted Jun 03, 2015 10:57 PM

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance as i'm not too great with the custom login forms in ClearPass. 

I'm working on an install where the customer wants to import a list of ID numbers (client ID's) and then have a login form that only requests the ID numbers. 

I was thinking along the lines of importing the userids using the bulk import tool and defining both username and password as "userid" and then creating a custom form that takes the userid and submits this as both user id and password. 

any ideas how i could pull this off?

I have also considered the access code method but this doesnt' allow me to define the "authenticate_user" field during the bulk import. trying to keep it simple for the customer. 

Thanks 

Scott

• 2.  RE: Guest login with username only - bulk imported users

• 3.  RE: Guest login with username only - bulk imported users

Posted Jun 08, 2015 06:33 PM

Hi Victor,

Thanks for sharing the link. 

Not quite what i'm looking at. I've got an access code based login page working. The catch is i want to do regular import of the access codes (client  number). 

The issue i'm having is that the flag needed for the user account (username_auth) can't be modified on import but rather needs to be bulk edited after the fact. 

working with the TAC to come up with something now 

Scott

• 4.  RE: Guest login with username only - bulk imported users
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2015 06:08 PM

Only special accounts get past the web logins with Access Code enabled.  Specifically the guest account needs the username_auth field set.  You control any attribute in an import by ensuring you have the proper header row.  So at a minimum you would want:

username,username_auth,enabled

user1,1,1

user2,1,1

The import (Guest > Import Accounts) will detect the fields in the header row and automatically generate the password.  

A similar, and often overlooked feature is our pre-registration flag.  Change the enabled values to 0 to force disabled.  Create a self-registration and enable username on the main registration form.  Edit username and at the bottom within the Advanced section is Pre-Registration.  Check this and save.  The self-registration now requires that field to match an existing entry.  This allows you to give codes our but also ask for additional information like name, company, or whatever.

• 5.  RE: Guest login with username only - bulk imported users

Posted Jul 09, 2015 07:09 PM

thanks gbenedict, this is exactly what i needed, i didn't realise that i could import any named attribute on the form!

This is excellent!