Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest registration DNS and looping issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest registration DNS and looping issues

Posted Dec 04, 2015 03:55 AM

No changes have been made to the platform pre-fault, just seems to have occured.

Users can join Guest SSID and obtain DHCP IP from DHCP server (not on the IAP) but when trying to browse to anything in any browser, the URL is not redirected to the Guest captive portal.

Oddly the URL path does have /guest/registration.php applied to it, just not the internal DNS name.

Eg, "www.google.co.uk/guest/registration.php".

If i manually browse to the http://IP/guest/registration.php it loads, and i can complete the registration, but am then looped back to the same page.

When joined to the Guest SSID i obtain a valid DHCP address and can NSLOOKUP the DNS name of the Guest Captive portal successfully, internal DNS entries are unchanged and are correct.

The config on the IAP's is pushed out via AMP templates, and again - is unchanged and contains the defined auth-server, and external-captive-portal:

wlan external-captive-portal
     server guest.company.net
     port 80
     url "/guest/registration.php"
     auth-text ""

• 2.  RE: Guest registration DNS and looping issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2015 06:55 AM

If you have not opened a TAC case, you should, because this could take some time to unravel.

If you only had one issue, we could look back to see what was done to fix that specific issue.  Since you have two issues, that could be more challenging to do from this forum.