Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest wifi blocking iPad Mail app

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest wifi blocking iPad Mail app

Posted Oct 30, 2012 09:48 AM

I have an Aruba 3300 controller with 45+ APs.  We are a rural school district.  A local company set up the staff and guest wifi for me.  When a user is logged into the staff wifi, the iPad mail app works great.  If they attach to the guest wifi, the Mail app stops working.

The guest wifi is open, but VLANed in the controller.  I don't see where ports are blocked.  Can anybody help point me in the right direction?

• 2.  RE: Guest wifi blocking iPad Mail app

Posted Oct 30, 2012 10:28 AM

Hi,

It depends on what role the users are falling, when they connect to the guest SSID. 

please try "Show user" from the command line and get the Role in which the user is falling and do "show rights <role>. 

• 3.  RE: Guest wifi blocking iPad Mail app

Posted Jan 21, 2019 03:28 AM

Hi, 

I am having this exact problem with IPhones/IPads, following a previous (resolved) article I tried the below steps but this did not work. 

Could you please advise what else could be stopping mail to be sent/recieved. 

10-12-2013 20-16-54.png

• 4.  RE: Guest wifi blocking iPad Mail app

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2019 07:04 AM

It depends on the email service you are using.  This thread is from 2012, so please open a new thread with your current question and details on the email service you are trying to use.  That email service might also have information on what firewall ports to open up.