Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Remove ClearPass Licenses

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  How to Remove ClearPass Licenses

Posted Dec 06, 2019 11:13 AM

Have a situation where our ClearPass deployment has 150000+ valid activated Access licenses but also old licenses that we cannot activate. Because of those non-activated licenses, we are currently unable to make changes to existing Services. (I don't know if the list order in the Licensing >> Applications tab matters but 2 of the non-activated licenses are above the first activated license.) Worse, we no longer have a support contract so we can't just open a TAC case.

Is there any way to remove the licenses that can't be activated without TAC involvement? 

Alternately, since we are without support there has been hesitation to upgrade the cluster. If we were to upgrade from 6.7.5.108264 to the current 6.8.x version, would that resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Mari Storch

• 2.  RE: How to Remove ClearPass Licenses
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 02:17 PM

By far as i known only TAC support can help you on this. Just call them, explain the situation that you dont can activate your buyed licences, i guess they would help you out, it are nice helpfull people.

Why you run your most critical network infrastructure component without an active support contract?

• 3.  RE: How to Remove ClearPass Licenses

Posted Dec 18, 2019 02:00 PM

Thank you for your reply. I'll try calling TAC and will see what happens.

As to your question about the lack of service contract coverage, it wasn't my decision so I can't speak as to what the reasoning was. :/

• 4.  RE: How to Remove ClearPass Licenses

Posted Feb 20, 2020 01:55 PM

Apologies I hadn't responded earlier. I called TAC and they did remove the not-able-to-be-activated licenses for us.

Thanks again!