Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

How to limit svc-h323-udp service?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to limit svc-h323-udp service?

Posted Jan 10, 2014 07:47 AM

Hello,

I can see that, ifirewall section of AirWave, lot of traffic is actually used by H323 applications.

Most of the clients which use this applications is on a guest network and we haven't corporate application which use this protocol. 

I need to control this somehow (maybe set traffic limit) - any suggestion on how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance!

h323.PNG

2 x 7220, AOS 6.3.1.1

• 2.  RE: How to limit svc-h323-udp service?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2014 08:05 AM

Currently in 6.3, AppRF is in kind of a monitor mode. The next version of AppRF will actually allow you to make rules for different applications.

Right now you could either  block the traffic in the user-role or limit the overall bandwidth of the user-role.

• 3.  RE: How to limit svc-h323-udp service?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2014 01:38 PM

Curious...is all the traffic going to the same destination (or domain)?

• 4.  RE: How to limit svc-h323-udp service?

Posted Jan 13, 2014 04:36 AM

Hi,

Thanks for fast response.

cappalli - Good to know that AppRF comes soon with this new feature of making rules directly for applications.
    I already have bandwidth limit on guest users but blocking of this service is not an option in my company.

SethFiermonti - Traffic goes to different destination and domains. Picture is showing a number of total bytes for this service.