Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 6.4 external captive portal

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 6.4 external captive portal

Posted Jan 20, 2015 07:27 AM

Hi all,

I need to use the AP with an external captive portal.
    Now fro my initial setup, I've managed to see that the AP is not sending it's MAC address in the URL.

Is this something that can be done?

If so, what am I missing?

I need to send some sort of identifier, ideally the MAC of the AP, so I know where the request is coming from.

• 2.  RE: IAP 6.4 external captive portal

• 3.  RE: IAP 6.4 external captive portal

Posted Jan 20, 2015 10:58 AM

Cheers,

Ufortunatley doesent help me much.

This is what the AP sends to the splash page.

http://baseurl.com/splash?cmd=login&mac=USERMAC&essid=GUEST-SSID&ip=172.31.99.126&apname=18%3A64%3A72%3Axx%3Axx%3Axx&vcname=instant-xx%3Axx%3xx8&switchip=securelogin.arubanetworks.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2F

Now, is there anything, that I'm not aware, to add another variable in that url, APMAC= or something similar?

• 4.  RE: IAP 6.4 external captive portal

Posted Jan 28, 2015 03:36 PM

i assume that the IP is the client IP?

switchip should contain the controller IP with a controller, kinda odd it shows the securelogin with an instant, the AP name isn't usefull for you either?

• 5.  RE: IAP 6.4 external captive portal

Posted Jan 28, 2015 03:56 PM

No not really, as the that is an external splash page, and it needs the MAC of the client that is trying to connect.

Also, is there a way to force the AP to send it's MAC in the radius request?

I am aware it's not in the standard, but it would be usefull for my setup.