Security

MVP Expert

Is it possible to change the contents of the airgroup_shared_user attribute via the ClearPass API ?

I'm looking for a quick easy way to change the number of userids that might be in the "airgroup_shared_user" attribute associated with an airgroups server device.

Know I can log on as admin and change things, but was thinking more of an API thing  Usage scenario

Chromecast device conected to monitor with a MDM managed tablet running a "registration" app below it.

group of people wishing to cast to display enter their userids in the registration app which adds them to the airgroup_shared_user attribute.

would be cool if the app could use the ClearPass API to manage this ....

Failing that guess a ClearPass web page with limited access would do the job .. 

A

Guru Elite

Re: Is it possible to change the contents of the airgroup_shared_user attribute via the ClearPass AP

Yes. All device registration fields are available via the REST API.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP Expert

Re: Is it possible to change the contents of the airgroup_shared_user attribute via the ClearPass AP

Can you remind be where to get the REST API docs from ? Assuming its not the API stack you access from ClearPass guest

A

Guru Elite

https://fqdn/api-docs

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP Expert

Ah! 

Thats where I was looking before, couldn't see anything to manage airgroup_shared_user

Then again, do you just use the generic manage attribute api and specify the name of the attribute you want to change?

A

Guru Elite

I don’t understand the question. You use the Device API.

MVP Expert

No airgroup_shared_user  under GuestManager/Device

Guru Elite

Do a GET and you’ll see it.

MVP Expert

Doh! 

o.k. u mean actualy do a GET and not  look at the options on the help part of the page ... 

so the response body in this  case returns

"id": "3217",
  "username": "F4-F5-D8-AC-02-30",
  "start_time": 1553611525,
  "expire_time": 1585147525,
  "sponsor_name": "as1558",
  "sponsor_profile": "16",
  "enabled": true,
  "current_state": "active",
  "notes": "",
  "role_name": "[Guest]",
  "role_id": 2,
  "mac": "F4-F5-D8-AC-02-30",
  "mac_auth": true,
  "source": "mac_create",
  "source2": "mac_create_2",
  "do_expire": "1",
  "no_portal": "1",
  "create_time": 1553611525,
  "no_password": "1",
  "remote_addr": "10.241.88.85",
  "visitor_name": "as1558-chromecastvideo",
  "airgroup_enable": "1",
  "airgroup_shared": "1",
  "expire_postlogin": "0",
  "simultaneous_use": "1",
  "airgroup_device_type": "24",
  "airgroup_shared_user": "as1558",
  "sponsor_profile_name": "UoY Game Console Registration",
  "_links": {
    "self": {
      "href": "https://clearpass1old.york.ac.uk/api/device/3217"
    }
  }
}
MVP Expert

and yes I can change the value of airgroup_shared_user to whatever I like

Many thanks 

Rgds

A

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: