Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to use ActiveSync as an Authorization Source in ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is it possible to use ActiveSync as an Authorization Source in ClearPass

Posted Apr 14, 2014 10:54 PM

I was wondering if anybody has used ActiveSync as an Authorization Source to allow access to mobile devices ?

There's an ActiveSync plugin that needs to be installed in the Exchange Server

But do I need to point ClearPass to the server using the Endpoint Context Server :

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to use ActiveSync as an Authorization Source in ClearPass
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 15, 2014 02:09 AM

The ActiveSync plugin is only used as another way to profile devices.  It is not used for authentication or authorization.

"ActiveSync Plugin

The ActiveSync plugin is provided by Aruba and is to be installed on Microsoft Exchange servers. When a device communicates with exchange server using active sync protocol, it provides attributes like device-type and user-agent. These attributes are collected by the plugin software and are sent to the CPPM profiler. Profiler uses dictionaries to derive profiles from these attributes. "

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to use ActiveSync as an Authorization Source in ClearPass

Posted Apr 15, 2014 11:19 AM

I was confused .....but now I get it..

Thanks CJ