Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues related to ClearPass 6.8 upgrade

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Issues related to ClearPass 6.8 upgrade

Posted Feb 14, 2020 07:02 AM

Hi

I have worked with ClearPass since version 5.x. There have never been any issues with upgrading. Ok, early 6.x was a bit tricky as they often required a new VM to be installed and restore of the configuration, but never any real issues. After the introduction of the two partitions it have been very stable.

But now it looks like there are a lot of issues with the upgrades.

Is it common with issues for upgrades to 6.8? Have anyone else had strange issues, long image extraction times etc?

I have been involved with several upgrades from 6.7 to 6.8 during this year.

My track record on 6.7 to 6.8 upgrades during this year:

1. Physical C1000, Two servers in cluster, Successful upgrade without issues.
    2. Physical C1000, Standalone server, Extraction of image took 25 hours. Successful completion after reboot. No issues with 6.8.4 update.
    3. Physical C1000, Standalone server, Extraction of image took 8-10 hours. Successful completion after reboot. No issues with 6.8.4 update.
    4. Physical C1000, Standalone server, Extraction of image aborted together with TAC after about two hours. Rebooted the server and tried a new upgrade without any issues
    5. Virtual C3000V, Publisher in two node cluster. VMWare guest machine hang during reboot. After support from VMWare the node came up with 6.8, but was corrupt. Couldn't see any network config, nor restore the config backup. Rollback to 6.7. Have new hosts installed from ovf and done restore of the config.
    6. Virtual ClabV, failing during backup of database before installation
    7. Physical C1000, One server, Extraction of image running now. Have taken over one hour now and are still extracting.

• 2.  RE: Issues related to ClearPass 6.8 upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 09:23 AM

Do you have any TAC ticket opened for this issue, if not please open TAC ticket and share backup to replicate issue in lab.

• 3.  RE: Issues related to ClearPass 6.8 upgrade

Posted Feb 14, 2020 09:50 AM

Yes, I have TAC tickets on more than one of these installations as it's several customers.

But I would like to know if someone else are experiencing the same type of issues.