Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP Auth Error - space are not supported in the base DN

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  LDAP Auth Error - space are not supported in the base DN

Posted Jan 30, 2019 05:03 AM

Hi Gays,

I got an error when configuring Ldap authentication on a mobility Controller (V8), space is not supported on a OU name in the base-dn.

I tried to escape the space with different caracters (",\,%20) but it did't work. 

Could you please help me to find a solution for my issue ?

Best regards

• 2.  RE: LDAP Auth Error - space are not supported in the base DN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 05:28 AM

It has been a while last time that I have seen LDAP authentication being used from a controller. I see RADIUS or TACACS being used instead for both admin and user authentications. Also, LDAP is incompatible with most wireless authentication schemes. For that reason, it is not really recommended, nor common to use LDAP from the controller.

If you really need LDAP authentication, I would open a TAC support case to get it investigated.

• 3.  RE: LDAP Auth Error - space are not supported in the base DN

Posted Jan 31, 2019 07:26 AM

Hi Herman,

Thank you, i know it's not recommended, but in my case I realy need to setup LDAP auth with captive portal for one of my customers. without spaces in unity organisations names, it operate prety well, my only problem is how to escape this spaces in the base-dn.

Best regards

• 4.  RE: LDAP Auth Error - space are not supported in the base DN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 11:26 AM

Ok, can you please report this to Aruba TAC as I'd believe this needs to be fixed in future versions.

As a workaround, I just tried in my lab and it looks that if you use the CLI to make the change, it does work. After the change the base-dn shows up with space in the UI as well:

(MM) [ArubaLAB] (config) #aaa authentication-server ldap "ldap-test"
    (MM) [ArubaLAB] (LDAP Server "ldap-test") #base-dn "dc=user group,dc=test,dc=loc"
    (MM) ^[ArubaLAB] (LDAP Server "ldap-test") #write mem

Saving Configuration...

Configuration Saved.

Use the "double-quotes" to prevent the command to break on the space.